Christ the King Library storage rehabilitation now finished
BEIT SAHOUR – Christ the King Library is a Catholic bookstore unique of its kind in the Holy Land as it offers a large selection of Christian books in Arabic. The project that consists in enlarging the back of the building with a storage for the books has started at the beginning of 2014 and is now completely achieved since March 2015.
Christ the King Library is a Catholic bookstore with texts exclusively in Arabic. It is located in the complex of the Church of Beit Sahour and the parish social and sports center. It is considered the first of its kind in the Holy Land.
Having an unfinished space in the back of the building in Beit Sahour sports complex made it the perfect location for the storage of books especially because both a direct access from the street and to the Library were easily achieved. This project gave the needed finished and adequate insulation and lighting conditions for storage of books and paper works.
Scope of work
An area of around 168 m2 was finished with the following scope:
- Insulation works for the floors in addition to concrete slab for the floor finish.
- Opening an access to the Library in the existing Hollow concrete blocks.
- Opening an access pathway heading to the street.
- Hollow concrete wall building to separate the designated area of the project from the rest of the existing unfinished area.
- Metal and carpentry works for doors.
- Aluminum works to close the window openings.
- Ventilation system adequate for paper works.
- Fire detectors and Fire alarm system.
- Lighting system.
The design, preparation of tender documents as well as supervision on site was executed by LPJ technical department team as well as external site engineer and supervisor and the design was reviewed and approved by LPJ technical department taking into consideration all owners requirements.