Latin Patriarchate ongoing projects update
HOLY LAND – Below is a status update of ongoing projects of the Latin Patriarchate, made possible with the support of all who love and care for the Church and the Christians of the Holy Land.
- Pope Francis Youth Center in Bethlehem
Pope Francis Youth center project in Bethlehem is in its first stages of Construction.
The project includes renovation of an old existing building and a new construction adjacent to the old building.
The building shall contain around 53 youth pilgrims rooms.
- Catholic Scouts Center in Bethlehem
Building new location for Catholic scouts along with external works including setting the locations for portacabins.
- Taybeh Parish Hall Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation of the existing parish hall and building a small bathroom and finishing a new Kitchenette. The project also included some external works in the Entrance of the Convent.
- Taybeh Elderly House
– Supply New Kitchen equipment.
– Rehabilitation of the new location of the Kitchen in the Basement of the Elderly House along with new location for the Laundry room.
– Remodeling the old existing kitchen to be a physiotherapy room.
– Uplifting the power supply.
- “Christ the King” library storage rehabilitation in Beit Sahour
An existing built space in the back of the Christ the king Library was Rehabilitated to serve as a storage space for the library.
- Renovation of the air condition system in the Church of Ein Arik
Supply and installation of four AC split units in the Church of Ein Arik and uplifting the existing power supply.
- Jenin Priest House and Church rehabilitation
– Rehabilitation and relocation of the priest house and Parish Hall.
– Rehabilitation of the existing Church.
– External Site works.
- Rehabilitation of Alzaytoun Convent apartment in Gaza
Scope of work: Upgarde and repair the damages of one apartment after the last war in Gaza last summer, which includes the chapel, the sitting room, one bed room and entrance, the water roof tanks isolation, damaged walls, painting, doors and supply after replacement of the damaged furniture.
This apartment were upgraded and remodeling to suit the following before the start of the war 2014 in Gaza, with three bedrooms with each a separate bathroom, one work room area, a sitting and receiving area, a chapel, the maintenance of the existing kitchen, a store room, a staircase, roof works and all new furniture and equipment, including air-condition units.
- Irbid priest house and Parish office rehabilitation (Jordan)
Rehabilitation of the priest house and parish office, which includes the following: One parish office, one priest room, two guest bedrooms, one salon, two bathrooms,one kitchen, one boiler room, roof works, and main house entrance.
- Almafraq School rehabilitation (Jordan)
– New second floor of area 700 sqm, which consists of one room as laboratory science, five classrooms and stair case. Works include all skeleton works and finishing, with furniture.
– Rehabilitation administration area at old school, which include one manager room, one administration room, one archive room and one bathroom.
- Ashrafieh school rehabilitation (Jordan)
The school serves at the moment 344 students, of whom 70% are Christians. The project of rehabilitation includes:
– Reinforcement of the main school building and the multipurpose hall.
– Upgrading of the civil, mechanical and electrical system of the main building.
- North Zarqa Priest house and parish salon rehabilitation (Jordan)
Rehabilitation of the existing parish salon, three offices, one kitchen, wc facilities, one external boiler room and of the external boundary wall.
- Home makeover in the Old City of Madaba (Jordan)
Residence of: Mr. Monther Sawalha
An expansion of the kitchen from outside to create a new small bathroom and a small storage area. Renovation of the bathroom and the kitchen, including removals of the old hydraulic system and replacement with a new one. New tiling for the kitchen and the bathrooms, and polishing the rest of the house tiles, a concrete slab was installed on the roof top to eliminate water infiltration, replacing the plaster and repainting the whole walls and ceilings inside and out, new aluminum windows were installed, restoring the electrical system, restoring the old doors, and installing a new one was needed.
- Second home makeover in Madaba (Jordan)
The house was left empty by the family that moved to another rented house at the project expense, because their house was in a state of despair and the rooms full of humidity , and they have no place to go.
Renovation of the bathroom including removals of the old hydraulic system and tiles and replacement with a new one , the kitchen pluming’s sink and faucet were renewed, New tiling for the bathroom, and polishing the rest of the house floor tiles,installation of insulating concrete in walls which is badly affected by humidity, to eliminate water infiltration, Painting the whole walls and ceilings doors and windows, new wood frames around windows, new screens were installed, restoring the electrical system, restoring the old doors, and installing a new one was needed, after the house was assigned the lessee decided to rise the outer fence with bricks so we helped with bricks and cement and he built it by himself
Outcomes and benefits:The house is fully renovated, the level of humidity in the walls is dramatically dropped, and it has a modern sewage system.