First newsletter of the Latin Patriarchate Schools in the Palestinian Territories
The Latin Patriarchate Schools in the Palestinian Territory published its first quarterly Newsletter “Ut Cognoscant Te.” It offers an excellent overview of the Latin Patriarchate schools in Palestine under Father Faysal Hijazen, its General Director.
This first newsletter provides:
– An overview of the 45 schools of the Latin Patriarchate in Jordan, Palestine and Galilee.
– Father Faysal Hijazen’s message and wishes for the start of the school year. The 2012-2013 objective is “ education for justice and peace.”
– A letter from Father Hijazen to parents who are jointly responsible for the education and upbringing of their children to respect each other, “What is the benefit of knowledge if morals and values are missing in the lives of the young?”
– A focus on the school in Beit Jala, the first school of the Patriarchate founded in 1854.
– An article on the “opening of the school year“ Mass and the message of Patriarch Fouad Twal.