Special Issue: “Synod for the Middle East ” in English
“Dear faithful, dear priests, seminarians, and religious. In this special issue, we bring to you (…) the Final Message, and 44 Propositions, the fruits of the Synod. This newsletter is not intended to be an archival document to be stored and set aside.” (H.B. Fouad Twal)
It is a basic document that is intended to be studied and discussed, to promote reflection and action, so that together, we can renew our Church in the Middle East in the light of the Holy Spirit. The success of this renewal will depend on our joint efforts and our docility to the Holy Spirit.
We invite you to read these documents, especially the last two. Let us meditate on them and pray that the Lord may bring to fruition in this land what He wants to work in each of us: to be true pastors, and fervent Christians, faithful, proud, full of zeal and charity.” (excerpt from the Editorial of His Beatitude Fouad Twal)
We offer this special issue of ‘JERUSALEM’
– in PDF
– and in Word , more convenient for working on texts, as the Patriarch suggests.
Let us work together for the renewal of the Middle East! !
In this special issue
– Participants at the Synod of the Holy Land
– Homily of the Holy Father for the opening of the Synod
– II. Interventions/Presentations
– III. Homily of the Holy Father for the conclusion of the Synod
– IV. The 44 Propositions
– V. Message to the People of God
– Subject Index