Rehabilitation of two rooms dedicated to the auxiliary bishops (LPJ Jerusalem) (2009)
The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem was created in 1099, after the first crusade. When the Holy City fell to Saladin in 1187, the Patriarchate was moved to Acre, then to Cyprus, and finally to Rome. After more than six centuries, in 1847, Pope Pius IX restored the Latin Patriarchate in Jerusalem.
Today, the patriarchal diocese has about 70,000 faithful in four States: Israel, the Palestinian Authority, Jordan and Cyprus. It covers a mosaic of cultures, languages, religions and traditions.
This project includes the rehabilitation of two rooms for two auxiliary bishops. The two rooms are located on the third floor at the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem.
What we aim to do is to rehabilitate these two rooms for the use of the two permanent retired residing bishops. This project is imperative because it secures a comfortable residing spots for the two retired bishops at the LPJ headquarters. The condition is currently unhealthy; the bathrooms are situated in the rooms (see picture 4) and the rooms have not been rehabilitated for a long time.
The proposed rehabilitation for the rooms 203 and 204 will include the following works:
- Demolishing works in the small bathroom.
- Demolishing the Gibson boards and ceiling.
- Removal of the temporary Gibson partition between the office and the bedroom.
- Construction of new bathroom including the shower.
- Installation of new electrical system, internet cables, telephone line, T.V. system and connections.
- Replacing the damaged tiles and place new tiles.
- Painting works.
- Installation of new lighting fixtures.
- Demolishing the old bathroom and changing its location.
- Construction of the new bathroom, white washing and painting works.
- Modifying the existing lighting and electrical connections, telephone line, and internet.
- Extending the existing slab concrete balcony.
- Removal of the existing wooden partition.
- Building a new stone front wall or facade for the main door of the room.
- Painting works.
- Opening new additional window from the east side of the room.
Fr. Humam Khazouz
Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem
Tel: +972-2-6282323 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +972-2-6282323 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Mobile: +972-54-9706406 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +972-54-9706406 end_of_the_skype_highlighting